9 Steps to LATTC
Note: this process is intended for students who do not plan to take classes on campus. It is easier and faster to come to campus to do some of the steps listed below. If you have not taken and passed online courses in the past, it is recommended that you go through the Introduction to Online Courses.
1. Apply for Admission
If you want to attend Los Angeles Trade-Technical College (LATTC), you must first apply for admission online
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- Over the age of 18
- High School Graduates
- Current High School Students (must complete Supplemental Application for Admissions of Student in grades K-12 and bring written consent from principal or counselor)
- Non-High School Graduates over 18 years of age
New or Returning Students
If you have never attended LATTC or have not attended for more than a year, you must apply for admission online through the online Admission Application System. If you’re unsure whether you attended LATTC, please check online to see if you have a registration appointment.
Note for students who live out of state and are not on active military status:
Federal regulations require that LATTC have state authorization agreements for all students who reside out of state. LATTC does not have agreements with all 50 states. Students who register for classes and live in states where no state authorization is currently in effect, will be excluded for their course(s). If in doubt, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request about the agreement with the state in which you reside.
You do not need to apply again. You can check your registration appointment and register for classes through the online Student Information System.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
You may qualify to receive financial assistance with your college expenses. Financial Aid is available through:
- the federal and/or state government,
- and through private sources in the form of grants, scholarships, employment,
- and loans to eligible students.
- This assistance makes it possible for you to continue your education beyond high school, even if you and your family cannot meet the full cost of the college/university you choose to attend.
You may apply for financial aid online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Make sure to add our school code 001227 to your application. Please allow 2 weeks after you apply for the financial aid office to contact you through your student email account with further instructions on receiving your financial aid. To get answers to your financial aid questions, email email@example.com
3. Participate in our New Student Orientation
Once you have applied for admissions, it takes approximately 3 business days to process your Admissions application. Once processed; you will receive your LATTC Student Identification (SID) number via email. Make an appointment for our New Student Sign up for Orientation once you have obtained your LATTC SID. If you need assistance signing up online please call LATTC Bridges to Success Center at (213) 763-5560 or visit us in Mariposa Hall (MA) Room 105.
Our New Student Orientation Sessions includes:
Welcome – New Student Orientation Overview and Introduction to LATTC
Assessment – ACCUPLACER – Math and/or English College Placement OR TABE – Math and English Skills Locator
Counseling Institute – Meet with a counselor to obtain vital Program of Study Information and complete your Student Educational Plan
Orientation – LATTC Program and Services Information
- Class enrollment using Student Information System (SIS) which provides Registration Appointment information, access to on-line class registration, and information about your default Personal Identification Number (PIN).
You may be exempt from Assessment if you have:
- A valid assessment from another California Community College within the past 2 years
- Completed the Early Assessment Program (EAP)
- Successfully completed English and/or ESL and Mathematics courses at an accredited institution
If you meet this exemption you will receive a waiver during Orientation.
Sessions are scheduled to last 5 ½ hours, please plan accordingly; you will be enrolled in your classes at completion.
- Please be sure to bring a valid picture ID.
- Parking information: You may obtain a guest parking CY-D150 for each day of the orientation.
- MA 108 is located in Mariposa Hall please view our Campus Map at http://college.lattc.edu/about-lattc/campus-map
If you are unable to come to campus for the Orientation, then you can watch the Online Orientation for students who are only taking online courses.
4. Choose your online classes that meet your educational goals.
LATTC does not offer a complete certificate or degree program that can be completed by taking online courses without taking courses on campus. However, some of our online courses can be combined with other courses you have taken, and thus complete the degree you already started.
- Review the list of Online Courses that are currently being offered.
- Register for the courses when they first become available or attempt to add the courses after they are full.
- Send email to the Counseling department and schedule an appointment if you need help determining which classes you need to complete your educational goal.
5. Register & Pay for Classes
After you have submitted an application for admission (Step #1) at LATTC you will receive a registration appointment. You may register for classes on your appointment date through Online registration
PLEASE NOTE: Students are responsible for all fees once they are enrolled. Check the schedule of classes for all refund and drop dates. For more information regarding fees contact the Business Office.
6. Purchase Books
Once you are enrolled in your classes you can purchase your books at the LATTC Bookstore.
7. Start Your Classes
Online students are required to log into the college’s course management system and submit work during the first two days of the class. Submitting work equals attendance. Logging in without submitting work does not equal attendance and you can be dropped. The instructor has some special tasks like a syllabus quiz, introduce yourself to your classmates, and/or an early writing assignment that you need to complete to be considered attending during the first two days. Some online instructors allow students to enter early.
Be sure to check your LACCD student email for communication from your instructor. If you are not familiar with the college learning management system, watch the videos that show you what you need to know to log in and use all of the main features.
Congratulations! Your registration process is now complete. Consult the schedule of classes for important semester dates and academic policies. For additional academic dates check out the academic calendar in the course catalog.
9. Contact information for Online Student Support
One Stop Help for
Application, registration, orientation, and assessment questions
Bridges to Success
|Disabled Students Program and Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org||213-763-3773|
Online Student Support –
Student email, college LMS, online course support
Online tutoring is available from NetTutor and can be accessed from your Moodle and Canvas classes