New! Online Student Readiness Tools and Tutorials –
- Orientation, Assessment, Counseling – http://college.lattc.edu/oac/
- Canvas Login & Help – https://ilearn.laccd.edu/courses/1967/pages/getting-set-up-with-canvas
- NetTutor – http://college.lattc.edu/academictech/all-students/nettutor/
- Portfolium – new page needs to be created
- Online Student Support Services – http://college.lattc.edu/academictech/academic-tech-resources/contact/
- Digital Badges
- LACCD email Help – http://college.lattc.edu/student/about-student-email/
- New Student Information System Tutorials – http://college.lattc.edu/schedules/current-schedules/help-with-peoplesoft/
Getting Started With Portfolium
- Portfolium Account Creation
- Best Option – respond to the email invitation to join Portfolium which is sent to your LACCD student email account
- Alternative option: go to http://portfolium.com/network/lattc and click the JOIN button. Enter your LACCD student email address. If it finds it in the system, it gives you the option to resend the invitation and you can then respond to it from your email. If not, then you can just create your account right then without utilizing the email invite option.
- Portfolium Login Options:
- You can go to http://portfolium.com/network/lattc and then click the LOGIN button, followed by your LACCD student email and the password you set.
- After setting up your custom URL, you can log in at that page.
- COMING SOON, a link directly within Canvas. You’ll just log into Canvas and click the link to PORTFOLIUM and you won’t need to log in again.
- Portfolium Fact Sheet:
Learn to be an Online Student
(You can also self-enroll in the Canvas Quest for Success course and earn a digital badge for completing these tutorials in that FREE self-paced course that does not go on your transcript)
- Introduction to Online Learning (click to open in a new window – turn off pop-up blocker)
- Getting Tech Ready
- System Requirements
- Organizing for Online Success
- Online Study Skills and Managing Time
- Communication Skills for Online Learning
- Online Reading Strategies
- Career Planning
- Educational Planning
- Instructional Support
- Personal Support
- Financial Planning
About Online Tutoring
Interactive Tools for Students Considering Online Courses
- Cost Calculator – how much can you save by taking courses online versus in person
- Web Browser Check
- Daily Schedule Calculator
- Study Schedule
- All college Distance Education programs need to publish a list of agencies for out of state students. This list provides contact information in other states should they have questions about transfer, etc.