New! Online Student Readiness Tools and Tutorials –
- Orientation, Assessment, Counseling – http://college.lattc.edu/oac/
- Canvas Login & Help – https://ilearn.laccd.edu/courses/1967/pages/getting-set-up-with-canvas
- NetTutor – http://college.lattc.edu/academictech/all-students/nettutor/
- Portfolium – new page needs to be created
- Online Student Support Services – http://college.lattc.edu/academictech/academic-tech-resources/contact/
- Digital Badges
- LACCD email Help – http://college.lattc.edu/student/about-student-email/
- New Student Information System Tutorials – http://college.lattc.edu/schedules/current-schedules/help-with-peoplesoft/
Getting Started With Portfolium
- Portfolium Account Creation
- Best Option – respond to the email invitation to join Portfolium which is sent to your LACCD student email account
- Alternative option: go to http://portfolium.com/network/lattc and click the JOIN button. Enter your LACCD student email address. If it finds it in the system, it gives you the option to resend the invitation and you can then respond to it from your email. If not, then you can just create your account right then without utilizing the email invite option.
- Portfolium Login Options:
- You can go to http://portfolium.com/network/lattc and then click the LOGIN button, followed by your LACCD student email and the password you set.
- After setting up your custom URL, you can log in at that page.
- COMING SOON, a link directly within Canvas. You’ll just log into Canvas and click the link to PORTFOLIUM and you won’t need to log in again.
- Portfolium Fact Sheet:
- Getting Started
- Introduction to Online Learning (click to open in a new window – turn off pop-up blocker)
- Getting Tech Ready
- System Requirements
- Organizing for Online Success
- Online Study Skills and Managing Time
- Communication Skills for Online Learning
- Online Reading Strategies
- Career Planning
- Educational Planning
- Instructional Support
- Personal Support
- Financial Planning
About Online Tutoring
Interactive Tools for Students Considering Online Courses
- Cost Calculator – how much can you save by taking courses online versus in person
- Web Browser Check
- Daily Schedule Calculator
- Study Schedule
- Spring 2016 Online Student Guide
If you are new to LATTC and looking for online classes, follow these steps:
- Check the Online Course List for Spring 2016
- Check the Online Student Guide for information. Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Winter 2014, Spring 2014, Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Winter 2015, Spring 2015, Summer 2015, and Fall 2015
- Apply to the district and get an appointment to register.
- Learn how to use the Student Information System. [Video Tutorials]
- Meet any pre-requisites with help from Matriculation and Counseling.
- Register for your class(es).
- Get your books.
- Prepare your computer
- Set-up and/or check your personal or campus email for any messages from your instructor.
- Log into Moodle on or before the first day of the class.
If you are a returning student and have not taken a class during the last two semesters, you need to reapply to verify your residency and avoid paying out of state tuition. Follow the same steps as the new students.
If you are a continuing student who took classes during the past semester, follow the above steps, except for step 2.
General Orientations to Moodle, Canvas, and LACCD Student eMail
- Wed. Feb 3, 2016 – 6-8 pm in AH/TE406
- Mon. Feb. 8, 2016 – 6-8 pm in AH/TE406
Orientations for Online Math Courses – Fall 2015
- Saturday, August 29 – 10 am to noon in Aspen Hall / TE-221
- Monday, August 31 – 3-5:00 pm in Aspen Hall / TE-221
- Tuesday, September 1 – 3-5:00 pm in Aspen Hall / TE-221
Note: The online math courses request students to meet on campus for midterm and final exams.
- All college Distance Education programs need to publish a list of agencies for out of state students. This list provides contact information in other states should they have questions about transfer, etc.