Based on the displayed behavior, information gathered, and assessment made by BIT, the team will determine if an intervention is needed and the type of intervention that would be most appropriate for the student. Recommendations will be made in consultation with all appropriate college administrators before final action is taken.
Common intervention plans include the following:
- HEAT or Associate Dean, Student Life will attempt to make initial contact with the student to discuss the incident and/or behavior
- Referral to campus and/or community resources
- Referral to student discipline
- Continued monitoring of the student through HEAT & BIT
- Referral to campus sheriff’s department for all criminal activity taking place on campus