- If chemicals come in contact with your skin, immediately flush the affected area with clear water. You may use the emergency shower or eye wash if available.
- Call the Sheriff’s Department on ext. 3611 dial (from your mobile phone dial 213-763-3611) and Safety Officer ext. 3632. Give your name, and location of fire. Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so.
- If a chemical fire occurs:
- Upon discovering a chemical fire, close windows and doors where the fire is located and immediately sound the building alarm.
- Call the Sheriff’s Department on ext. 3611 and Safety Officer ext: 3632.
- If the spill is large, very smoky, or rapidly spreading, evacuate the building immediately. Inform others in the building who may not have responded to the alarm to evaluate immediately. The alarm may not sound continuously. If the alarm stops, continue to evacuate. Warn others who may enter the buildings after the alarm stops.
- Walk; do not run, to the nearest exit.
- When fire alarms sound, do not use elevators. An elevator may become inoperative and a trap. Give assistance to (help carry, if necessary) all disabled persons in using the stairs.
- Evacuate to a distance of at least 500 feet from the building and stay out of the way of emergency personnel. Do not return to the building until instructed to do so by emergency personnel.
Binary Options News September 5 2016