Civil Disturbance Or Demonstration

  1. DO NOT interfere with the person who creates disturbance or with authorities on the scene.
  2. If a civil disturbance and/or demonstration becomes unlawful, call the college sheriff’s Department ext. 3611 (from your mobile phone dial 213-763-3611). To avoid escalating the situation, use a private office to place this call whenever possible.
  3. Calmly alert all employees in the area to the situation.
  4. Continue with your normal routine as much as possible. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows.
  5. If a threat to a person or property is evident, cease operation and plan to evacuate the area. Lock all doors; secure all files, documents, and equipment.