Financial Aid Website
WELCOME TO TRADE TECH FINANCIAL AID DEPARTMENT
Financial Aid office (2nd Floor) will open continuously from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm on September 09, 2014 (Tuesday) and September 10, 2014 (Wednesday). Office will be closed on Thursdays and Fridays.
A Valid Picture ID is a must. Students must present Valid Picture ID (State or Student) in order to receive assistance. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Financial Aid Appeal Workshops for September are FULL. Please come back on Monday, September 15, 2014 to sign up for October 2014 Appeal Workshop.
WHAT IS FINANCIAL AID?
The purpose of student financial aid is to provide financial assistance to students who, without such aid, would be unable to attend college. Although it is expected that students and parents will make a maximum effort to meet the cost of education, financial aid is available to fill the gap between family resources and the annual educational expenses. Financial aid is intended to supplement the family’s existing income/financial resources and should not be depended upon as the sole means of income to support other non-educational expenses.
Financial aid is available from various sources such as federal and state governments, institutional, and community organizations, as well as individual donors. Financial aid can be awarded in the form of grants, loans, work-study, scholarships, or a combination of these.
Let’s get started…
SCHOOL CODE: 001227
SCHOOL CODE: 00122700
Important Dates (Deadlines) Reminder:
- The LAST DAY to submit 2013-2014 Direct Loan application for Spring 2014 Semester is Thursday May 8, 2014.
- The LAST Financial Aid Appeal Workshop for Spring 2014 Semester will be held on Tuesday May 27, 2014.
- The LAST Financial Aid Direct Loan Money Management Workshop for Spring 2014 Semester will be held on Wednesday May 28, 2014.
- The LAST DAY to submit Financial Aid Appeal (Reinstatement/Extension) for Spring 2014 Semester will be Monday June 9, 2014.
- The LAST DAY to submit the Fee Waivers for 2013-2014 will be Monday June 9, 2014.
(Note: for classes that are taken during Summer 2013 until Spring 2014)
- The LAST DAY to process the APPROVED LOANS for Spring 2014 will be Wednesday June 18, 2014.
(Note: All the required documents MUST be submitted by that date)
- Starting on January 1st, 2013, the California Dream Act extends Cal Grant A & B Entitlement awards, Cal Grant C awards, institutional grants, and community college fee waivers to students that meet the AB-540 criteria.
- Starting July 1st, 2012, you need to have a high school diploma or GED, passed the CA Proficiency Exam or completed approved home schooling to receive Financial Aid.
- Starting July 1st, 2012, all students will be limited to 6 years full time (600%) of Pell Grants.
- Starting July 1st, 2012, all subsidized loan recipients will have to pay the accrued interest during the six- month grace period.