Financial Aid Website
WELCOME TO TRADE TECH FINANCIAL AID DEPARTMENT
Financial Aid – What is it?
Financial aid are funds made available by federal and state governments and private sources in the form of grants, scholarships, loans and employment. These funds are available to make it possible for students to continue their education beyond high school even if they and their family cannot meet the full costs of the post secondary school they choose to attend. The basis for such programs is the belief that parents have the primary responsibility of assisting their dependents to meet educational costs and that financial aid is available only to fill the gap between a family’s contribution and the student’s yearly academic expenses.
Let’s get started…
APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION AT
LATTC SCHOOL CODE: 001227
Important Dates (Deadlines) Reminder:
- The LAST DAY to submit 2013-2014 Direct Loan application for Spring 2014 Semester is Thursday May 8, 2014.
- The LAST Financial Aid Appeal Workshop for Spring 2014 Semester will be held on Tuesday May 27, 2014.
- The LAST Financial Aid Direct Loan Money Management Workshop for Spring 2014 Semester will be held on Wednesday May 28, 2014.
- The LAST DAY to submit Financial Aid Appeal (Reinstatement/Extension) for Spring 2014 Semester will be Monday June 9, 2014.
- The LAST DAY to submit the Fee Waivers for 2013-2014 will be Monday June 9, 2014.
(Note: for classes that are taken during Summer 2013 until Spring 2014)
- The LAST DAY to process the APPROVED LOANS for Spring 2014 will be Wednesday June 18, 2014.
(Note: All the required documents MUST be submitted by that date)
- Starting on January 1st, 2013, the California Dream Act extends Cal Grant A & B Entitlement awards, Cal Grant C awards, institutional grants, and community college fee waivers to students that meet the AB-540 criteria. For more information: Click Here
- Starting July 1st, 2012, you need to have a high school diploma or GED, passed the CA Proficiency Exam or completed approved home schooling to receive Financial Aid.
- Starting July 1st, 2012, all students will be limited to 6 years full time (600%) of Pell Grants.
- Starting July 1st, 2012, all subsidized loan recipients will have to pay the accrued interest during the six- month grace period.