Financial Aid Website
* The Financial Aid office will be closed for the holidays (Dec 12, 2013 to Jan 3, 2014). The office will resume regular business hours beginning Monday Jan 6, 2014. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!
* The LAST DAY to submit 2013-2014 Direct Loan application for the Fall 2013 semester is Thursday Dec 5, 2013.
* The LAST Financial Aid Appeal Workshop for the Fall 2013 Semester will be held on Thursday Dec 5, 2013.
* The LAST Financial Aid Direct Loan Money Management Workshop for the Fall 2013 Semester will be held on Saturday Dec 14, 2013.
* The LAST DAY to submit Financial Aid Appeal (Reinstatement/Extension) for Fall 2013 Semester will be Wednesday Dec 11, 2013.
- Starting on January 1st, 2013, the California Dream Act extends Cal Grant A & B Entitlement awards, Cal Grant C awards, institutional grants, and community college fee waivers to students that meet the AB540 criteria. For more information: Click Here
- Starting July 1st, 2012, you need to have a high school diploma or GED, passed the CA Proficiency Exam or completed approved home schooling to receive Financial Aid.
- Starting July 1st, 2012, all students will be limited to 6 years full time (600%) of Pell Grants.
- Starting July 1st, 2012, all subsidized loan recipients will have to pay the accrued interest during the six- month grace period.
The goal of the Financial Aid Program is to provide access to various types of post-secondary education for those who otherwise would be unable to start or continue their schooling and/or training.
Financial Aid – What is it?
Financial aid are funds made available by federal and state governments and private sources in the form of grants, scholarships, loans and employment. These funds are available to make it possible for students to continue their education beyond high school even if they and their family cannot meet the full costs of the post secondary school they choose to attend. The basis for such programs is the belief that parents have the primary responsibility of assisting their dependents to meet educational costs and that financial aid is available only to fill the gap between a family’s contribution and the student’s yearly academic expenses.
Financial Aid – Checking Status by E-mail! ~~New~~
Provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Student ID
- Date of Birth
- Questions regarding your Financial Aid status???
Note: If you’ve opened up your file (Documentations) with Financial Aid office and willing to check your status, students have to E-mail us on the Email address provided above.