Steps to LATTC: A Quick-Start Guide to Enrollment
1. Apply for Admission
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- • Over the age of 18
- • High School Graduates
- • Current High School Students (must complete Supplemental Application for Admissions of Student in grades K-12bring written consent from principal or counselor)
- • Non-High School Graduates over 18 years of age
New or Returning Students
If you have never attended LATTC or have not attended for more than a year, you must apply for admission online through the online Admission Application System. If you’re unsure whether you attended LATTC, please check online to see if you have a registration appointment.
You do not need to apply again, you can check your registration appointment and register for classes through the online Student Information System.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
You may qualify to receive financial assistance with your college expenses. Financial Aid is available through:
- the federal and/or state government,
- and through private sources in the form of grants, scholarships, employment,
- and loans to eligible students.
- This assistance makes it possible for you to continue your education beyond high school, even if you and your family cannot meet the full cost of the college/university you choose to attend.
You may apply for financial aid online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Make sure to add our school code 001227 to your application. If you need assistance with the application, you may sign up for a FAFSA application workshop by visiting Juniper Hall, Room 314. Please allow 2 weeks after you apply for the financial aid office to contact you to your student email account with further instructions on receiving your financial aid. To get answers to your financial aid questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Financial Aid Office to learn more.
3. Participate in our New Student Orientation
Once you have applied for admissions and It takes approximately waited the 3 business days to process your Admissions application, once processed; you will receive your LATTC Student Identification (SID) number via email. Make an appointment for our New Student Sign up for Orientation once you have obtained your LATTC SID. If you need assistance sign in up online please by calling LATTC Bridges to Success Center at (213) 763-5560 or visiting Mariposa Hall Room, MA 105.
Our Two Day New Student Orientation Sessions include:
- Orientation - LATTC Program and Services Information (1 hour)Including Career Coach Assessment
- TABE Assessment - Math and English Skills Indicator (1 Hour)
- ACCUPLACER Practice Strategies – Prep for ACCUPLACER Placement (1 Hour)
- ACCUPLACER – Math and/or English Placement (2.5 Hours)
- Counseling Institute – Meet with a counselor to obtain vital Program of Study Information and complete your Student Educational Plan (2 Hours)
4. Choose an Academic Program & Get Academic Counseling
Choose your program from a number of two-year degrees and certificate programs. If you wish to transfer to a four-year college or university, you can complete all your general requirements here. The LATTC Course Catalog contains a complete list of academic programs, course descriptions as well as transfer information. Once you have decided on a program meet with a counselor in the Counseling Department every semester to ensure you are on track in meeting your educational goals. The Counseling Center provides students with assistance from assessing their skills to identifying career goals and selecting appropriate classes. Visit the Counseling Department to learn more.
5. Register & Pay for Classes
After you have submitted an application for admission (Step #1) at LATTC you will receive a registration appointment. You may register for classes on your appointment date in one of two ways:
- Online registration
- Walk-in registration – visit the Bridges to Success Center, MA 105 for walk-in registration information.
PLEASE NOTE: Students are responsible for all fees once they are enrolled. Check the schedule of classes for all refund and drop dates. For more information regarding fees contact the Business Office.
6. Parking and LATTC Photo ID Card
A parking permit is required to park in any student lot. You may purchase a permit at the Business Office or Bridges to Success Center, Business Office. A student identification card is required to use many of the resources available on campus. You may obtain you Get your LATTC Student Photo ID Card free of charge in at the Bridges to Success Center, MA 105.
PLEASE NOTE: New Students must be enrolled in classes for the current semester before obtaining a LATTC Student ID.
7. Purchase Books
Once you are enrolled in your classes you can purchase your books at the LATTC Bookstore.
8. Attend Your Classes
Congratulations! Your registration process is now complete. Consult the schedule of classes for important semester dates and academic policies. For additional academic dates check out the academic calendar in the course catalog.
9. Other Services
Now that you are successfully enrolled in classes, we would like to remind you to make use of the services available on campus. For academic assistance, visit the Students website for all services available on campus.
Wireless internet is also available throughout the campus for registered students.
Get to know your campus, check our campus map.