Los Angeles Trade Technical College contracts with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department for all law enforcement services. The staff includes Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputies, and Los Angeles County Sheriff Security Officers. Los Angeles County Security Officers undergo training with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Academy. They are classified under 832 PC as security officers. They provide 24 hour, seven-day-a-week security coverage for the campus and off site satellite facilities. Their major objective is to provide a safe and secure campus environment for students, faculty and staff. They will work with the Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputies and local jurisdictions in identifying crime and ways to improve the campus quality of life. An additional resource for the Department is the Student Sheriff Cadet Program. The campus utilizes student workers under the supervision of the Sheriff’s Department to assist the campus station. Security officers and cadets continuously patrol using bicycle, foot and vehicle patrols 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Department’s jurisdiction covers all property owned and/or operated by the College.
Our Core Values
As a leader in the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department,
- I commit myself to honorably preform my duties with respect for the dignity of all people,
- integrity to do right and fight wrongs,
- wisdom to apply common sense andfairness in all I do and
- courage to stand against racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, homophobia and bigotry in all its forms.
For more information, contact the Sheriff’s Department at:
- Office: D-150
- Telephone: (213) 763-3600
- Campus Pay Phones: Press *80
- Office hours: 24 Hours Daily