Los Angeles Trade Technical College contracts with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department for all law enforcement services. The staff includes Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputies, and Los Angeles County Sheriff Security Officers. Los Angeles County Security Officers undergo training with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Academy. They are classified under 832 PC as security officers. They provide 24 hour, seven-day-a-week security coverage for the campus and off site satellite facilities. Their major objective is to provide a safe and secure campus environment for students, faculty and staff. They will work with the Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputies and local jurisdictions in identifying crime and ways to improve the campus quality of life. An additional resource for the Department is the Student Sheriff Cadet Program. The campus utilizes student workers under the supervision of the Sheriff’s Department to assist the campus station. Security officers and cadets continuously patrol using bicycle, foot and vehicle patrols 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Department’s jurisdiction covers all property owned and/or operated by the College.
- Lead the fight to prevent crime and injustice.
- Enforce the low fairly and defend the rights of all.
- Partner with the people we serve to secure and promote safety in our communities.
- My goals are simple. I will always be painfully honest, work as hard as I can, learn as much as I can and hopefully make a difference in people’s lives.
For more information, contact the Sheriff’s Department at:
- Office: D-150
- Telephone: (213) 763-3600
- Emergencies: (213) 763-3611
- Office hours: 24 Hours Daily