Internship opportunities are available to currently enrolled LATTC Transportation students who meet program eligibility. For Transportation Student Internship opportunities click here.
City of Los Angeles & LATTC Dealer Automotive Technician Internship Program
Program Purpose: To provide relevant dealership industry internship experiences to LATTC Transportation Technician students.
Program Duration: Seven-Ten-weeks, total of 120-180 hours with intern schedule and total hours determined by LATTC with Participating Dealerships
- 120-180 hour dealer paid internship with student participants earning 2-3 college units
- Dealerships provide opportunities based on NATEF related tasks to align ASE certification that will be tailored to technician intern duties
- Joint certificate indicating areas covered awarded to intern completers from LATTC/Dealership
- Dealer industry experience with feedback for program participants
Dealer Participation Requirements
- Identify a dealer single point of contact to coordinate student intern activities with LATTC Transportation Coordinator
- Provide a dedicated toolbox that will remain at the dealership for intern use
- Provide any related mandatory work attire and Personal Protective Equipment as required by the task(s) assigned
- Perform and complete LATTC Transportation Intern Evaluation on a bi-weekly basis to document intern progress and submit to LATTC Transportation Intern Coordinator
- Schedule and provide relevant opportunities that include a variety of NATEF related tasks/jobs for interns. These tasks will be pre-determined and scheduled before the beginning of internship term
Participating Dealerships: Longo Toyota, Shamis Group, and others.
Interested Dealers May Contact
Chair, Adavnced Transportation and Manufacturing Pathway
Los Angeles Trade-Technical College
400 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015